Alexa™ is an instantly familiar, always-available voice service ready to help or entertain on the go and should be an integrated part of a vehicle's infotainment system. Not a separate app that is launched. Alexa™ should complement the activities involved in driving.
With this in consideration, the project was defined as a responsive interface with a similar, and familiar, look and feel to other members of the Amazon Alexa™ family of products.
This was acomplished by:
- The definition of the "visual style" for Alexa Automotive™, with a distinctive look and feel.
(text styles, button styles, themeing, et al.)
- Get team alignment on a visual direction.
- Deliver visual specs and responsive layouts for all existing Alexa screens to development.
- Alexa Home
- Setup and Task Flow
- Settings (primary and secondary menus)
- Display Cards
- Things to Try
- Define action states.
- Update images and Style Sheets to HMI Guidelines as required.
Project objectives were successfully attained through identifying target screen sizes for Alexa™, ensuring responsive scaling throughout all resolution ranges, establishing five "break-points". The break-points of "small, medium, large, and large with side-drawer optioning were displayed using the OEM interface platforms of Audi™ Polestar™ Vinfast™ and Rivian™.
Rivian: Comms Permission